Kinetic Investment Group
Mitigating Risk in a Constantly Changing Environment
We believe in not only looking for opportunities that offer substantial rewards but also in recognizing and analyzing the inherent risks in each...
As an investor, you want a partner with an intimate understanding of financial markets, who employs state-of-the-art technology to manage and mitigate risk and who, as a result, can offer wise and creative guidance to succeed in a constantly changing, ever more complex financial environment.
Meet the Kinetic Investment Group.
We believe in not only looking for opportunities that offer substantial rewards but also in recognizing and analyzing the inherent risks in each of those opportunities. By employing our experience and technology, we determine how to best mitigate that risk while enhancing the return on capital, whether it be in private equity, private index funds or gold and silver.
- +Michael S. Williams
- Michael brings more than 20 years and a wide breadth of experience in financial markets to his role at Kinetic, where he oversees the relationship between the company and its investment partners.
Michael and his partner, Thomas Frey, founded the Kinetic Investment Group, LLC, as a management company for private investments and accredited investors. Prior to founding the Kinetic Investment Group, Michael was an options market maker and has floor brokerage experience as a member of the Stock Exchange. He has worked as an institutional floor broker representing Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, and Swiss Bank.
Michael has lectured throughout the country on derivatives and risk management. He is the co-author of Fundamentals of the Options Market, published by McGraw Hill and is the author of an economic newsletter, "Market Preview." An honored Navy veteran who served in the Gulf and is still an avid sailor, Michael has raced sailboats in his native Michigan and in San Francisco.
- +Ed Bautista
- Mr. Bautista graduated with a theoretical mathematics degree from UC Berkeley and began his professional career in the actuarial field. Risk management and quantitative analytic skills acquired from his years of work in the insurance industry have helped him manage the closed private equity portfolio in Kinetics' family of funds.
- +Anadi Gaur
- Anadi graduated from the National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal (India) with a Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering. He went on to earn two Masters of Science degrees in Finance with Specialization in Quantitative Finance and Financial Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Before joining our team, he worked as Research Analyst in Chicago where he specialized in using ARIMAX-GARCH & Logistic Regression models to build classifiers for predicting next day close level of VIX and single stock VIX indexes and back tested the model for CBOE’s VXAPL, VXAZN, VXGS, and VXIBM. At Kinetic, he supports the Options Trading Team by providing detailed information on investment strategies, including dividends, earnings, and volatility.
- +Carla Mendez
- Carla graduated from the University of Puerto Rico - Mayaguez with a degree in Business Administration and Human Resources. She is fluent in Spanish and English. She works with the executive team and is also a liaison for business operations in Puerto Rico serving Spain, Latin America, and South America.
- +Roxanne Militaru
- Ms. Militaru assists with yield enhancement research, liquidity and volume studies, and technical analysis for private investment funds. Her primary research focuses on derivatives and exchange-listed indexes and has been published in Futures Magazine. She has lectured for the IBD Investment Group.
- +Ian Quetglas
- Ian graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Puerto Rico with degrees in Economics and Finance. Before joining the Kinetic team, he worked as a Technical Analyst for an international firm serving Europe, South America, and the Caribbean institutional clients. As the Financial Consultant for Kinetic Investment Group, he services our institutional and government accounts and is the firm's liaison to our Puerto Rico business partners. He holds a certificate in financial planning from the NYU School of Professional Studies and a Series 65 license. Ian is fluent in English and Spanish.